The bourbon-to-Aperol ratio is reversed from a traditional Boulevardier, leading to a light-bodied drink that's a little more bitter-sweet than dark and funky. Meanwhile, honey, grapefruit, rosemary, and soda water evoke a Spritz-y feel.
The result is sparkling summer-esque cocktail that also plays along with deep fall's mild days.
- 1 oz Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 2 oz Aperol
- ¾ oz honey simple syrup *
- ¾ oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Club soda
* To make honey simple syrup: heat 1 part honey in 1 part water until honey dissolves (but not to boiling). Cool and use, or store in the refrigerator.
Muddle rosemary and Aperol in bottom of a mixing glass. Add remaining ingredients (except soda) and shake with ice until chilled. Double strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice. Top with soda.
Mercury Dining Room and Rail is a modern bistro located inside the Soo Line Building. Daily happy hour specials (3 to 6pm, and 10pm to Midnight) compliment a full bar and breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.